Nate Diaz is being sued by his former management firm for over $1 million.
According to a report by TMZ, The Ballengee Group filed a lawsuit on Tuesday in Dallas County District Court, claiming that Diaz committed a breach of contract. Their claim is that they did not receive their fair compensation for Diaz’s rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 202, the promotion’s biggest pay-per-view at the time. The firm says that they were “unexpectedly” fired shortly after the fight was booked.
The Ballengee Group had been working with Diaz since 2014 and had helped him set up fights against Michael Johnson, Rafael Dos Anjos, and twice against McGregor. The two McGregor bouts were Diaz’s highest paydays with disclosed payouts being $500,000 for the first and $2,000,000 for the second, not including PPV points.
Ballengee’s attorney, James Friedman, said that the firm is asking for over $1 million in damages.
UFC bantamweight Leslie Smith is also being sued by Ballengee, similarly, for allegedly not paying the company what she owed. Ballengee, who at one point represented Nate Diaz’s older brother Nick Diaz, claims that the defendants were part of a “civil conspiracy” acting against the firm.