In a night that only saw two decisions out of eleven televised or livestreamed fights go to decision, Bellator 138 delivered some interesting, some lopsided, and some exciting matches throughout the night. Kimbo Slice survived a deep rear naked choke early in the first round after being taken down with ease by Shamrock. Somehow Kimbo made it through, and once he returned to his feet he was able to quickly unload on Shamrock and put an end to the fight.
The co-main featured yet another fight of the night, come from behind win by Patricio “Pitbull” Freire. Daniel Weichel badly rocked the champ in the first round. The bell is the only thing that saved Freire from being KO’ed in the closing seconds of the round. Weichel, sensing that his opponent was still injured, stalked his prey against the cage and went in for the kill. Freire unloaded with a perfectly timed and placed counter hook that sent Weichel sprawling stiffly. It was a vicious one punch knockout from the champ.
To cap the main card, Michael Chandler, Daniel Straus, and Bobby Lashley put on outstanding performances against opponents in their respective divisions. Lashley dominated yet another opponent using his powerful wrestling base and really needs to step up in competition. Winner of six straight and three in Bellator, it’s time to give Lashley a step up in competition. Daniel Straus outstruck his opponent in the first round before slowing the pace in the second and sinking a guillotine for the win, and Michael Chandler blasted Derek Campos with a strong right that dropped his opponent and allowed Chandler to eventually work his way to the back and sink the choke. Full prelim results below.
Full Fight Results
- Main Card Results
- Kimbo Slice defeated Ken Shamrock at 2:22 of the 1 round by KO - Punch
- Patricio Freire defeated Daniel Weichel at 0:32 of the 2 round by KO - Punch
- Bobby Lashley defeated James Thompson at 4:14 of the 2 round by TKO - Punches
- Daniel Straus defeated Henry Corrales at 3:47 of the 2 round by Submission - Guillotine Choke
- Michael Chandler defeated Derek Campos at 2:17 of the 1 round by Submission - Rear Naked Choke
- Preliminary Card Results
- Miles McDonald defeated Dan OConnor at 4:30 of the 3 round by Submission - Rear Naked Choke
- Justin Lawrence defeated Sean Wilson at 4:56 of the 1 round by TKO - Punches and Elbows
- Hugh Pulley defeated Eric Irvin at 5:00 of the 3 round by Decision - Split
- Kyle Kurtz defeated Adam Cella at 4:13 of the 2 round by Submission - Armbar
- Justin Guthrie defeated Steven Mann at 1:09 of the 2 round by Submission - D'arce Choke
- Chris Heatherly defeated Garrett Gross at 5:00 of the 3 round by Decision - Unanimous